Help Us Close the Funding Circle.
To date, the Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund has provided $160 million to more than 3,500 recipients. The Fund will continue providing assistance to families through 2030, ensuring a brighter future for even the youngest dependents of those who were lost. If this mission resonates with you, we encourage you to help us close the circle that was broken on 9/11 for certain families.
Who Can Qualify?
Applicants for Families of Freedom must meet the following criteria:
- Families of Freedom registrants must be dependent children, spouses or domestic partners of 9/11 victims, including airplane crew and passengers; World Trade Center and Pentagon workers and visitors; and relief workers, including firefighters, emergency medical personnel, and law enforcement personnel, that were involved in the rescue efforts.
- Families of Freedom Scholarships are available for children, including those born after September 11, 2001, who enroll in a program of postsecondary study by age 24. (Those children who turn 24 during their course of study must then continue their program of study uninterrupted, with the exception of summer vacations, in order to continue receiving scholarship assistance.)
- Children must have been born prior to September 30, 2008 to be eligible.
- Spouses and domestic partners are eligible to apply for scholarships.
- Students who show no financial need may receive a modest award for up to four years, or the part-time equivalent.