There are multiple ways to start a Dollars for Scholars.
All you need is 3–4 volunteers and a passion for students.
Your city, town or district can join as a Community Chapter, operating under the umbrella of our IRS tax exemption and 501(c)(3) designation.
If you’re an existing nonprofit looking to add a scholarship component, you can license the Dollars for Scholars model and become an Affiliate Provider.
Your company can create a Corporate Chapter, which is also able to operate under Scholarship America’s nonprofit designation.
We’ll Support You Every Step of the Way.
We’re committed to supporting the development and sustainability of Dollars for Scholars in communities across the nation. Here are some of the benefits we provide:
- 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable status and IRS tax filing
- Online scholarship application and management
- Customizable website with online donation and sponsorship capabilities
- Resource Center with best practice guides, tips and templates
- Trademark protection
- Marketing materials and promotional items
- Monthly inTouch e-newsletter
- Collegiate Partners affiliation
- Chapter/Volunteer Recognition Awards
- National Matching Grant Program and other funding opportunities
- In-Person and web-based networking and training
- Personalized, expert consultation
- Visibility and public awareness through a respected brand and national policy work
- And much more!