About Scholarship America’s Matching Partners
Your sponsored award is administered by Scholarship America. Scholarship America has made agreements with several hundred postsecondary institutions for favorable treatment of your award. Please read this notice carefully.
Getting the Maximum Benefit From Your Award
The school named in your award notification letter is a Scholarship America Collegiate Partner institution. Collegiate Partners are colleges, universities, and other accredited postsecondary institutions that have demonstrated their commitment to the development of private sector student aid.
All Collegiate Partner institutions have made commitments that Scholarship America-related scholarships will be used first to fill any unmet need remaining after the institution’s financial aid package has been calculated.
When unmet need no longer exists, Scholarship America-related scholarships of up to $2,500 will be applied to the “self-help” portion of a student’s financial aid package. Scholarship America prefers that loans be reduced before work study grants.
When need is fully met, treatment of the portion of Scholarship America-related scholarships that exceeds $2,500 will be at the institution’s discretion.
In addition, your school is a Matching Partner and there may be funds available to match your award up to a specified amount.
- Print this page and print and complete the Matching Partner Award Form.
- Present this information and your Matching Partners Award Form to your school’s financial services office with your notification letter.
- If you change schools, you must notify Scholarship America using the contact information in your notification letter. Please review the complete directory of Collegiate Partner schools to determine if your new school is a Collegiate Partner.
- Click here to download a complete directory of Collegiate Partner schools. (Please be patient, it may take a minute to download the file.)
- Your new school may match your award only if its description specifies “SMS” in the match details.