Scholarship Program Supervisor
- St. Peter, MN
- Application deadline: June 15, 2018
- To apply: Complete the Online Application Form
Utilize your leadership skills to provide support and vision to team members while ensuring scholarship program administration processes are fulfilled with quality results to our clients. Our mission to mobilize America, through scholarships and educational support, in order to make post-secondary success for all students motivates our team members in their roles within our non-profit organization. Our office in St. Peter, MN provides a team based, flexible environment with core hours of Monday-Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
The Scholarship Program Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and supervision within the Operations Department by coordinating operations and managing personnel.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise a team by overseeing their essential job duties while providing leadership to team members through encouragement, motivation and support resulting in a productive team environment.
- Conducts consistent performance discussions and promotes professional growth within the organization.
- Coordinates workloads within the team and department to ensure staffing is available to meet program deliverables.
- Ensures quality assurance measures are in place for the department and adhered to consistently by team members.
- Reviews and approves external materials including contracts, program documents, reports and invoicing.
- Facilitates appropriate communication with internal & external audiences including sponsors, students and parents (i.e. email, chat, letters, conference calls, webinars and committee meetings) which may be needed for proactive knowledge sharing and program resolutions, problem solving.
- Participates in management and oversight of department functions in partnership with executives, supervisors, client solutions, implementation, and marketing staff.
- Participates in recruiting, interviewing and hiring of staff for the Operations department.
- Travels to meetings with clients, as requested.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to encourage and support active team involvement while addressing deficiencies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple complex projects with varying deadlines and requirements.
- Expertise in making effective business decisions.
- Possess thorough knowledge of sponsored student aid program design, procedures and systems.
- Ability to learn new technologies, develop and support continued change improvements & procedures.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, management or education preferred but not required.
- At least one year of experience as a Program Manager at Scholarship America or relevant association.
- Thorough knowledge of scholarship design, procedures and systems.
If you meet the criteria: