Scholarship Program Administrator
- Multiple positions available
- Saint Peter, MN
- Application deadline: January 22, 2019
- To apply: Complete the Online Application Form
The Scholarship Program Administrator position contributes to our mission by effectively facilitating a portfolio of scholarship and/or tuition assistance programs through the operational cycle. You will work with client partners to guide them through their program cycle, including client contract approval, student application, evaluation, selection, notification, college payment and conclusion. The position consults with program sponsors on Scholarship America best practices and evaluation of student outcomes against their program goals. Our Scholarship Program Administrator also works with cross-functional internal teams that support program delivery and assists students, parents, and school officials, as well as fellow team members who are also managing portfolios of programs.
- Successful background with client relationships, customer service – managing positive customer engagement
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, efficiently, and cooperatively with other people in on-site and virtual environments
- Effective professional communication skills (verbal –phone, written-email, chat, letters, contracts, documentation); may include in-person contact for site visits
- Strong time management & prioritization skills to effectively manage competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail to ensure programs administered according to contract parameters and timelines
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, SharePoint, & software applications requiring data updates with reporting knowledge
- Initiative to analyze and solve problems
- Associates Degree
- Understanding of scholarship processes through personal or professional experience
- Multi-lingual skills (preferably Spanish)
- Bachelor’s Degree – or equivalent experience
Requirements for all Scholarship America positions:
- Appreciation for and commitment to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving processes, products, and communications.
- Integrity. Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
If you meet the criteria: