Customer Service Representative (On-Call/Backup)
- Limited hours, as needed
- St. Peter, MN
- Application deadline: April 20, 2018
- To apply: Complete the Online Application Form
The On Call Customer Service Representative will provide direct customer service support for the programs we serve, as well as general office support to the Operations team as a back up to the Customer Service team during peak season or as scheduling needs occur in our business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide customer service through email, chat and telephone.
- Interact with students, parents, high school and university officials, affiliates and other constituents by providing accurate and timely program information and problem solving with a student-centered approach.
- Ensure quality customer service by providing internal team updates throughout the program cycle, reducing the number of contacts escalated to the program manager.
- Escalate cases to the program manager as appropriate.
- Download and file student documents as directed by the program manager.
- Communicate with team members and supervisor regarding individual program needs and coordinate work with peers to ensure service levels are met.
- Track customer contacts through applicable software.
- Previous experience in direct internal or external customer support through phone and/or email interaction.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining quality results (i.e. software applications, email, chat, and phone).
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Proficient data entry computer skills.
- High school diploma.
- Two year degree of study preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Background utilizing multiple computer systems simultaneously to gather relevant data.
- Fluency in French or Spanish.
Requirements for all Scholarship America positions:
- Appreciation for and commitment to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving processes, products and communications.
- Integrity. Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
If you meet the criteria: