On-Call Customer Service Representative
- On Call (Backup) with Limited Hours as needed
- Saint Peter, MN
- Application deadline: 9/28/2018
- To apply: Submit your resume and application online here
The On-Call Customer Service Representative will provide direct customer service support for the programs we serve, as well as general office support to the Operations team as a back up to the Customer Service team during peak season or as scheduling needs occur in our business.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide customer service through email, chat and telephone.
- Interact with students, parents, high school and university officials, affiliates and other constituents by providing accurate and timely program information and problem solving with a student-centered approach.
- Ensure quality customer service by providing internal team updates throughout the program cycle, reducing the number of contacts escalated to the program manager.
- Escalate cases to the program manager as appropriate.
- Download and file student documents as directed by the program manager.
- Communicate with team members and supervisor regarding individual program needs and coordinate work with peers to ensure service levels are met.
- Track customer contacts through applicable software.
- Previous experience in direct internal or external customer support through phone and/or email interaction.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Proficient data entry computer skills.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining quality results (i.e. software applications, email, chat, and phone).
- High school diploma.
- Two year degree of study preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Background utilizing multiple computer systems simultaneously to gather relevant data.
- Fluency in French or Spanish.
Requirements for all Scholarship America positions:
- Appreciation for and commitment to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving processes, products and communications.
- Integrity. Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
If you meet the criteria: