Major Gifts Officer
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Department: Development
- To apply: Complete the Online Application Form
The Major Gift Officer at Scholarship America provides an opportunity to fulfill your passion to contribute to a meaningful company mission while utilizing your philanthropy skills! This new role in our organization will assist in building and developing the foundation of reaching out to donors who have the ability to give at least a $10,000 gift which will impact the lives of students pursuing their dream of higher education. By cultivating a deep understanding of Scholarship America’s donors, this position will advocate for their interests and help fulfill their philanthropic goals in alignment with Scholarship America’s mission and strategic goals. The Major Gift Officer will be responsible for growing revenue to meet or exceed individual and overall goals as part of a high performance fundraising team. This position will focus primarily on growing major gifts from current and prospective donors including individuals, foundations, corporations and businesses, using ethical and donor-centered fundraising practices.
Essential Job Functions
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward current and prospective major donors.
- Lead the development of integrated strategies that maximize the potential for contributed revenue, partnering with colleagues across the organization to build the most compelling case for support.
- Promote existing funding opportunities and initiate the development of new opportunities to attract support for Scholarship America’s mission and programs.
- Represent the interests of donors to ensure their perspective is known and understood within the organization.
- Support annual fundraising event by helping to secure sponsors, promote attendance, and cultivate/manage event-related relationships.
- Assist in developing a robust donor stewardship plan and contribute to successful implementation as appropriate to major gifts focus.
- Ensure that donor records are managed responsibly, protecting donor privacy and tracking updates in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in professional fund raising.
- Demonstrated experience in identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts prospects and donors.
- Significant experience with a range of giving vehicles including annual giving, designated gifts, major, capital and planned gifts, sponsorship and marketing partnerships.
- Communicates effectively and persuasively both verbally and in writing, with the ability to lead and inspire others while maintaining collaborative process.
- Strong analytical skills: able to interpret and compare data to form meaningful insights.
- Results-oriented, motivated to meet or exceed individual and shared goals by carefully monitoring progress and demonstrating accountability.
- Demonstrates superior interpersonal skills with understanding, empathy & diversity emphasis.
- Embraces change; willing to try new things while taking risks and challenging the status quo.
- Occasional opportunities for travel based on availability.
- Commitment to continued personal and professional development.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credentials
- Higher Education industry knowledge
Requirements for all Scholarship America positions
Appreciation for and commitments to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving process, products, and communications.
- Integrity: operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
If you meet the criteria: