IT Infrastructure Manager
- Full time
- St. Peter, MN
- Reports to: Vice President, Technology
- Application deadline: Open until filled
- To apply: Complete the Online Application Form
The IT Infrastructure Manager is a critical role that designs, implements, secures and supports the core infrastructure to include servers, networks, virtualization, storage, data center and PCs. This is an exciting opportunity to create a broader impact to the organization and directly contributes to Scholarship America’s mission.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides leadership in designing and maintaining a highly secure and functional IT infrastructure
- Responsible for managing the infrastructure and helpdesk team, planning work, assigning tasks and supporting the team
- Leads organization wide security management, planning and execution
- Plans, designs, implements and tests the disaster recovery program
- Participates in incident management identification and recovery
- Responsible for working with vendors to execute security assessments and to remediate findings
- Designs the infrastructure
- Supports and configures hardware including servers, storage and networks
- Seeks continuous improvement opportunities to streamline business or IT functions and builds standardization into the environment
- Creates and maintains detailed and current documentation on all aspects of infrastructure
- Maintains backups and failover strategies for disaster recovery and business continuity of all servers and virtualized environments, and related infrastructures
- Monitors system performance and recommends improvements/optimizations proactively
- Creates standards of the system environment and processes to ensure efficient execution
- Manages vendor relationships and SLAs
- Maintains 24X7 availability of client facing systems
Functions required of all Scholarship America positions:
- Provides backup for other infrastructure team members
- Perform miscellaneous, special projects and ad hoc duties as assigned
- Adhere to Scholarship America policies and procedures
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years in IT systems administration
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server 2008, 2012 r2, Linux systems including Red Hat, and Ubuntu, and knowledge of interaction and interoperability with desktop operating systems variations, version control, and system patching for security measures
- Knowledge of security standards
- Experience with virtualization of physical servers, scalability strategies and maintenance, backup, replication, and failover of virtualized environments
- Experience designing and implementing networks including switches, routers and firewalls
- Experience with shell scripting and automation principles
- Experience with management of a LAMP stack
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange/Outlook
- Computer proficiency in MS Office tool suite of products
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors including cloud based services
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate options and present recommendations based on financial, risk and opportunity assessments
- Preferred: Red Hat virtualization (RHEV), Oracle administration, VOIP systems, centralized logging and ITIL experience
Requirements for all Scholarship America positions:
- Appreciation for and commitment to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving processes, products and communications.
- Integrity. Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
If you meet the criteria: