- Minneapolis, MN
- Application deadline: May 18, 2018
- To apply: Complete the Online Application Form
The Graphic Designer will provide professional creative services for both print and electronic media. The ideal candidate can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs. This position should have an intimate understanding of how marketing campaigns work with an eye for detail.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans and produces organizational online and print collateral, including e-communications, annual report, flyers, brochures, newsletters, signage, etc. based on direction provided by internal and external clients.
- Creates visual aspects of marketing materials, putting together and/or creating disparate design elements such as icons, photographs, infographics, typography, etc. to create cohesive designs according to defined communication standards.
- Ensures communications meet visual identity guidelines.
- Prepares finished copy and art using InDesign.
- Coordinates work with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
Requirements for all Scholarship America positions:
- Appreciation for and commitment to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving processes, products and communications.
- Integrity. Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- Demonstrated graphic design skills (ensure online portfolio link is provided on resume)
- Proficiency with industry leading software and technologies (Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)).
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Excellent communications skills, with an ability to absorb and apply constructive feedback from internal customers.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects.
- Experience with 3rd party agency or print fulfillment vendors.
- Experience with website design process and style guide compatibility.
If you meet the criteria: