- Minneapolis, MN
- Reports to: VP, Development
- Application deadline: Friday, March 29, 2019
- To apply: Submit resume and online application
The Grants Manager contributes to the culture of philanthropy at Scholarship America by:
- Serving as an ambassador for philanthropy within the organization and community.
- Delivering on our donor promise in interactions with all supporters.
- Working cross-functionally with program, finance and operations colleagues to build partnerships that contribute to advancing mission.
- Using ethical and donor-centered fundraising practices.
This position will support the Development Department at Scholarship America through the development and execution of a strategic grants plan focused on increasing support among corporate and foundation funders who are in alignment with Scholarship America’s mission and strategic goals.
Essential Job Functions
Manage public, corporate and foundation grants program, including prospect research, proposal development, writing and submission of grant and sponsorship applications (70%):
- Identify and research potential funding sources & opportunities for increased giving from existing funders and partners.
- Initiate and cultivate relationships with grant funders.
- Build a deep understanding of programs and strategic priorities.
- Work cross-functionally with staff to develop cases for support, program budgets and complete funding requests.
- Maintain & execute on deadline driven grants calendar.
- Assist with maintaining records of grant activity and results.
Provide project management support of funded grant projects (20%):
- Inform project team of potential funders who align with project outcomes & collaborate to develop funding proposals.
- Communicate clear deliverables and deadlines to teammates responsible for providing information specific to funding proposals.
- Track work progress and budgets, managing all communications for projects including required reports.
- Coordinate site visits for grant funders.
Provide organizational grant support (10%):
- Engage organizational leadership and program management teams in better understanding the grant process.
- Develop pipeline of potential funders and communicate their funding priorities.
- Research, author and edit assigned responses to specific questions contained within RFPs.
- Create, develop and update useful supporting documentation for responding to RFPs, RFIs and proposals.
Additional Job Functions
- Ensure communication & updates are shared with appropriate leaders and project contacts.
- Travel between Saint Peter and Minneapolis offices as needed.
- Demonstrated results in obtaining and managing corporate, foundation and public funding.
- Seasoned writer with strong writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to distill complex ideas and information from many sources into coherent, persuasive proposals.
- Results driven reflected in ability to meet aggressive fundraising goals.
- Proven ability to cultivate relationships with funders through professional communication and relationships at C-Suite level.
- Precise and thorough follow up.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience in grants management or related field.
- Microsoft Dynamics or Raiser’s Edge software experience.
If you meet the criteria: