Events & Public Relations Manager
- Minneapolis, MN
- Application deadline: June 22, 2018
- To apply: Complete the Online Application Form
The Events and Public Relations Manager is a strategic, creative and innovative thinker responsible for end-to-end planning, development and execution of Scholarship America’s special events and public relations; nurturing a strong industry network, increasing awareness and developing an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs. This position will ensure that Scholarship America’s events and public relations strategies are well-designed and executed in order to strengthen our role as a leader in the field and build brand awareness.
Essential Job Functions:
- Designs and executes public relations campaigns at both a local and national level.
- Participates in setting PR goals and objectives.
- Develops and executes a public relations plan to strengthen Scholarship America’s visibility as a leader in the field.
- Manages all aspects of the special event planning process, including project management and engaging volunteers and staff from across the organization.
- Develops and tracks event timelines and tasks.
- Assists leadership staff in recruiting, staffing and managing volunteers and cross functional representatives on planning committees.
- Strategizes persuasive sponsorship appeals with the Development team.
- Arranges for guest speakers, entertainment, master of ceremonies and other program participants.
- Assists in developing the run of show.
- Develops talking points or scripts.
- Oversees the creation of audiovisual support, such as videos and power point.
- Manages staff event planning team meetings, agendas, notes and follow up assignments.
- Coordinates logistics including venue, set-up, food, audio visual, décor, etc.
- Oversees design and production of signage and event materials.
- Manages event budgets.
- Designs emergency contingency plans.
- Leads post-event evaluation and develops summary reports.
Conference Participation & Memberships
- Proposes annual budget, conferring with leadership staff.
- Coordinates Scholarship America representation and participation in professional and industry conferences.
- Monitors professional organization memberships and renewals; tracks scheduled conferences and events.
- Ensures materials and banners are created, gathered and shipped for conference displays and/or presentations and that staff attending understand their assignments.
Requirements for all Scholarship America positions:
- Appreciation for and commitment to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving processes, products and communications.
- Integrity. Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of five years of event management experience.
- Proven working experience in public relations required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel & Access.
- Self-starter; able to work independently in a confidential environment.
- Excellent time management, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, with outstanding attention to detail.
If you meet the criteria: