Director, Product Management
- St. Peter, MN or Minneapolis, MN
- Reports to: VP, Strategic Partnerships & Solutions
- Application deadline: Open Until Filled
- To apply: Complete the Online Application Form
The Director, Product Management will own and drive product requirements for Scholarship America’s core products and execute a product strategy to drive student success across multiple channels. This position will work directly with both external partners and internal business and technology teams in devising comprehensive product solutions that address current and emerging opportunities in higher-education. Our ideal candidate will be an innovative, creative and a well-organized self-starter who focuses on developing student-centered solutions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work closely with the Executive Leadership Team to develop a Scholarship America product and service roadmap based on the organization’s strategic direction and market trends.
- Manage product execution by working closely with clients, third party solution partners, IT, sales, operations, finance and marketing.
- Maintain an active pipeline portfolio of existing and new/in-development products and services, staying closely connected and aware of future market needs.
- Own and manage product life cycle from inception through execution and productization.
- Work cross functionally to evaluate market, financial, technical, and operational inputs as part of the product development lifecycle; makes recommendations to the Executive Leadership Team as necessary.
- Meet with students, clients and partners; understand their diverse needs and apply findings to the Scholarship America product and service roadmap.
- Setup and monitor a metrics dashboard that tracks KPIs for each unique product or service, including student outcome metrics.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships and Solutions to actively contribute and facilitate new ideas to add to the portfolio of products and solutions.
Functions required of all Scholarship America positions:
- Perform other duties and miscellaneous tasks as required.
- Adhere to Scholarship America policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in relevant field; MBA preferred but not required.
- At least 7 years of Product Management or similar years of experience with required experience working in a higher educational setting.
- Experience with influencing cross-functional teams including IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and Marketing.
- Passion and talent for building and scaling cross-functional solutions that drive improvement in student outcomes and client satisfaction.
- Ability to build great working relationships with peers across functions and have a positive can-do attitude.
- Strong technical, analytical and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to champion initiatives internally and externally.
- Ability to communicate with executives and external partners.
- Willingness to travel to partner meetings and industry conferences as needed.
Requirements for all Scholarship America positions:
- Appreciation for and commitment to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving processes, products and communications.
- Integrity. Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
If you meet the criteria: