Customer Service Representative – Dollars for Scholars
- Saint Peter, MN
- Deadline: Open until filled
- To Apply: Submit your resume and application online
The Customer Service Representative – Dollars for Scholars serves as an initial point of contact for our Dollars for Scholars (DFS) affiliates nationwide as a member of our internal Student Success Programs Operations Team at Scholarship America. This position is responsible for contributing to and executing standard processes and protocols which support our scholarship applicants and chapter volunteer contacts as well as ensuring high-touch response and support for all end users.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide customer service to the scholarship application process audience supporting complex, multi-step processes with caring and compassionate assistance via webinar, phone, and email encompassing all aspects of our proprietary software application system.
- Interact with students, parents, high school and university officials, affiliate volunteer members and other constituents providing accurate and timely program information and problem solving with a student-centered approach.
- Coordinate with advanced support staff to trouble-shoot and identify the source of complex software issues and provide customers with technical assistance and solutions to resolve reported issues.
- Assist in documenting and editing client manuals, tutorials, and training courses materials as well as assisting with both live and recorded training webinars.
- Assist with report creation and data exporting for both internal and external clients from our proprietary software application system.
- Previous experience in technical support, help desk, or direct internal or external customer support through phone and/or email interaction involving user education or coaching assistance for typically non-technical audience.
- Excellent telephone and e-mail communication skills and the ability to listen and articulate clearly in a positive, calm, productive, and coaching manner.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to address problems in a systematic and deliberate manner.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through while multi-tasking (i.e. software applications, email, chat, and phone).
- Ability to learn technical information quickly, and to answer in-depth technical questions.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Regular and timely attendance to support business and client needs.
- High school diploma.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent listening and communication skills with the ability to build rapport with students and volunteers while supporting our mission.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint.
Requirements for all Scholarship America positions
Appreciation for and commitments to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving process, products, and communications.
- Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
If you meet the criteria