Bilingual Customer Service Representative
- Multiple positions open
- Full-time (9-month and 12-month)
- St. Peter, MN
- Reports to: Senior Manager, Contact Center
- Application deadline: October 19, 2017
- To apply: Complete the Online Application Form
The Bilingual Customer Service Representative will provide direct customer service support to the students we serve, as well as technical and general office support to the Operations team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide e-mail, chat and telephone customer service as the primary function of this position.
- Interact with students, parents, counselors, school officials, affiliates and other constituents by providing accurate and timely program information and problem solving with a student-centered approach.
- Proactively communicate with program managers by providing program suggestions, feedback and assisting with knowledgebase development.
- Ensure quality customer service by providing internal team training and updates throughout the program cycle and reducing the number of contacts escalated to the program manager.
- Manage and track customer service activity in a customer service software application including entering knowledgebase information and logging email, chat and phone contacts.
- Escalate cases to the program manager as appropriate.
- Download and file student documents as directed by the program manager.
- Communicate with team members and supervisor regarding individual program needs and coordinate work with peers to ensure service levels are met.
- Proactively seek support tasks during off peak hours.
Functions required of all Scholarship America positions:
- Perform other duties and miscellaneous tasks as required.
- Adhere to Scholarship America policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years customer service experience and/or office experience.
- Two year degree of study preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in French or Spanish a plus.
- Strong computer and data entry skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team setting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Requirements for all Scholarship America positions:
- Appreciation for and commitment to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving processes, products and communications.
- Integrity. Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
If you meet the criteria: