- Saint Peter, MN
- Reports to: Director, Finance
- Application deadline: Monday, January 28, 2019
- Submit resume and application online here
The Accountant I is responsible for key accounting functions including account reconciliations, investments accounting and reporting, various disbursements activities, journal entries, and supporting other accounting functions & monthly financial reporting processes.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for Monthly Account Reconciliation:
- Complete monthly reconciliation of specific bank accounts
- Complete monthly reconciliation of specific investment accounts to General Ledger
- Assist with reconciliation of accounts within General Ledger and IP
- Responsible for Primary Accounting Transactions and Reporting of Investment Activity:
- Process monthly/quarterly/annual investment account statements including donation reports
- Maintain investment fund files/documentation
- Manage Investment Account Worksheets
- Assist with updating various monthly investment reports (with Journal and IP entries)
- Assist with requesting transfers from investment fund accounts (with Journal and IP entries)
- Prepare billing of investment administration fees on specific accounts
- Perform analysis of trends in investment account balances
- Follow-up on information requests received internally and from investment fund sponsors
- Responsible for Other Accounting Functions:
- Process Domestic and Foreign Wires for Scholarship Awards (with Journal and IP entries)
- Serve as primary back-up for accounts payable function
- Assist with fiscal year-end audit preparation including lead sheets and cash & investment confirmations
- Assist with information requests received from auditors during fiscal year-end audit
- Four year degree (BA) in Accounting or related field
- Two to three years’ work experience in accounting or finance roles
- Demonstrated knowledge in Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Word)
- Experience with general accounting processes including bank reconciliations
- Ability to read and understand simple monthly investment statement
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Regular & timely attendance to support business & client needs
- Experience with general ledger systems
Requirements for all Scholarship America Positions
- Appreciation for and commitments to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving process, products, and communications.
- Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
If you meet the criteria: