Online Application Form
- Type: Full-time, exempt
- Location: Minneapolis or St. Peter, Minnesota
The System/Server Administrator is a critical role that designs, implements and supports the core infrastructure to include servers, networks, virtualization, storage, data center and PCs. This is an exciting opportunity to create a broader impact to the organization and directly contributes to Scholarship America’s mission.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports and configures hardware including servers, storage and networks
- Troubleshoot problems as reported by users
- Participate in the design of the infrastructure and lead identified projects to completion
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities to streamline business or IT functions and build standardization into the environment
- Create and maintain detailed and current documentation on all aspects of network infrastructure, server infrastructure and architectures
- Maintain backups and execute failover strategies for disaster recovery and business continuity of all servers and virtualized environments, and related infrastructures
- Monitor system performance recommend improvements/optimizations proactively
- Create standards of the system environment and processes to ensure efficient execution
- Manage and fulfill helpdesk requests
Functions Required of All Scholarship America Positions
- Perform miscellaneous, special projects and ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties and miscellaneous tasks as required
- Adhere to Scholarship America policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years in IT systems administration
- Working knowledge of Windows Server or Linux operating systems
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange/Outlook
- Computer proficiency in MS Office tool suite of products
- Preferred: Experience with support networks including routers, switch and firewalls, automation scripting, LAMP stack, VOIP systems and ITIL
Requirements for All Scholarship America Positions
- Appreciation for and commitment to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving processes, products and communications.
- Integrity. Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
Open Until Filled
Complete the Online Application Form.