Online Application Form
- Type: Full-time, exempt
- Location: Minneapolis or St. Peter, Minnesota
The System/Server Administrator is a critical role that designs, implements and supports the core infrastructure to include servers, networks, virtualization, storage, data center and PCs. This is an exciting opportunity to create a broader impact to the organization and directly contributes to Scholarship America’s mission.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports and configures hardware including servers, storage and networks
- Troubleshoot problems as reported by users
- Participate in the design of the infrastructure and lead identified projects to completion
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities to streamline business or IT functions and build standardization into the environment
- Create and maintain detailed and current documentation on all aspects of network infrastructure, server infrastructure and architectures
- Maintain backups and execute failover strategies for disaster recovery and business continuity of all servers and virtualized environments, and related infrastructures
- Monitor system performance recommend improvements/optimizations proactively
- Create standards of the system environment and processes to ensure efficient execution
- Manage and fulfill helpdesk requests
Functions Required of All Scholarship America Positions
- Perform miscellaneous, special projects and ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties and miscellaneous tasks as required
- Adhere to Scholarship America policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years in IT systems administration
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 r2, Linux systems including Red Hat, and Ubuntu, and knowledge of interaction and interoperability with desktop operating systems variations, version control, and system patching for security measures
- Experience with virtualization of physical servers, scalability strategies and maintenance, backup, replication, and failover of virtualized environments
- Experience designing and implementing networks including switches, routers and firewalls
- Experience with central deployment systems like SCCM
- Experience with shell scripting and automation principles
- Experience with management of a LAMP stack
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange/Outlook
- Computer proficiency in MS Office tool suite of products
- Preferred: Red Hat virtualization (RHEV), Oracle administration, VOIP systems and ITIL experience
Requirements for All Scholarship America Positions
- Appreciation for and commitment to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving processes, products and communications.
- Integrity. Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
Open Until Filled
Complete the Online Application Form.