Online Application Form
- Type: Full-time, 12-month
- Location: St. Peter, MN
- Reports to: Lead Program Assistant, Scholarship Management Services
About the Position:
The Program Assistant will provide data entry, technical and general office support to the Scholarship Management Services (SMS) division and backup to switchboard coverage.
Essential Job Functions:
- Input data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Data entry for processing wire payments.
- Create and merge reports, spreadsheets, and documents using appropriate software and systems.
- Prepares documents for clients.
- Prepares reports for award payments and prints checks using check printer.
- Generate invoices and credit memos.
- Perform tasks in multiple customized and standard operating systems – History System, TR System and Set-Aside System.
- Effective use of various word-processing functions.
- Ability to operate switchboard – incoming calls and transfers.
- Receipt payments.
- Use written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with internal customers.
Functions of All Scholarship America Staff:
- Adheres to Scholarship America policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and miscellaneous tasks as required.
- Performs miscellaneous, special projects and ad hoc duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Computer proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Access.
- 1-3 years office experience.
- Vocational school or business school with a data processing or administrative assistant course of study preferred.
- Strong keyboard skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to perform data entry for extended periods of time.
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Ability to understand and implement computer applications as developed by programmers.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team setting.
Requirements for All Scholarship America Positions
- Appreciation for and commitment to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving processes, products and communications.
- Integrity. Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
September 20, 2015
Complete the Online Application Form.