Apply Online For This Job
- Type: Full-time
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Reports to: Senior Vice President, Marketing & Public Policy
Scholarship America’s Marketing Coordinator supports communications, marketing and public relations activities in support of organizational programs, services and initiatives. This includes partnering with team members and across departments to define marketing support needs, develop and implement communications plans, produce digital and print communications and coordinate other related project necessary to meet the Marketing and business objectives under the direction of the Senior Vice President of Marketing and Public Policy.
Essential Job Functions
Develops and maintains communications resources.
- Manages resource library of photos, stories, metrics, research and other approved content for external use by Scholarship America staff.
- Tracks departmental budget system and provides monthly updates.
- Provides support and guidance to vendors, partners and staff regarding brand guidelines and the use of Scholarship America’s style guide, key messages and communications requirements.
- Provides search, tracking, reporting and inventory of Scholarship America trademark programs.
- Manages the distribution of public relations and all marketing and communications materials.
Develops content and communications tools as part of departmental work plan.
- Works closely with Marketing team members to gather, create and produce/post content for various Scholarship America stakeholder communications, including newsletters, brochures, blog posts, email campaigns, ebooks, fact sheets, and corporate items.
- Writes content for various communications projects including press releases, web articles, Dollars for Scholars affiliate newsletters (print and digital), and 1-2 monthly blog posts.
- Proactively works with Marketing team and other departments to identify audiences, and deliver content and materials, and other communications and marketing supports as needed.
- Occasionally works with vendors and consultants engaged to help create and produce campaigns and materials.
Supports graphic design, digital content and production.
- Works closely with Marketing team members to provide design support for Scholarship America’s communications materials, including newsletters, invitations, signage, reports, fact sheets and brochures.
- Works with Marketing team members on various social media activities, such as Facebook and Twitter updates.
- Backs up Digital Marketing Manager on website content management, email campaigns and related metrics tracking/reporting.
Supports special events and constituent relations.
- Responds to user-generated questions and comments on social media sites.
- Coordinates elements of the annual awards dinner in Washington DC.
- Coordinates student engagement program for Scholarship America’s Dream Award recipients, including participating in social media outreach, coordinating the annual student experience day in Washington DC, and other regular student communications.
- Supports constituent feedback and survey process for various audience segments of Scholarship America.
- Assists with internal communications support, including staff event support, content and committee participation.
- Assists with conference support, including creating/editing/proofing presentations and coordinating shipping and supply of materials.
- Fulfills constituent-specific requests as directed.
Functions Required of All Scholarship America Positions
- Adheres to Scholarship America policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and miscellaneous tasks as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications-related field (communications, English, journalism, public relations). 2+ years of experience preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing abilities; able to communicate clearly.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, proactive problem-solver.
- Desire and ability to collaborate with team members and colleagues from multiple departments at all levels of organization.
- Ability to represent Scholarship America to outside constituents.
- Strong computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suites, Wordpress (or comparable CMS); proficiency in social media and digital marketing.
- Ability to manage projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Interest in the mission of Scholarship America and passionate about advancing its cause.
Requirements for All Scholarship America Positions:
- Appreciation for and commitment to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving processes, products and communications.
- Integrity. Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
Open Until Filled
Complete the Online Application Form.