Scholarship America Dream Award
Too often, student scholarship support dries up after freshman year. Scholarship America’s Dream Award is a renewable scholarship fund for students in their sophomore year and beyond — with growing, renewable awards that help ensure talented students can afford to complete the degree programs they’ve started.
In the last five years, Scholarship America has awarded over $1 million in Dream Awards to 54 students, with scholarships ranging from $5,000 to $15,000 based on the individual student’s financial need.
To apply for the Dream Award, you must:
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident card), or individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA).
- Have received a high school diploma or the equivalent from a U.S. school by September 2018.
- Have completed or expect to successfully complete a minimum of one full year of postsecondary education by June 2019.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at the sophomore year level or higher at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire 2019-20 academic year.
- Be studying to obtain an associate’s or first bachelor’s degree.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Demonstrate financial need.
Congratulations to the 2018 Dream Award Recipients!
Learn More the 2018 Dream Award Recipients!
- Press release announcing the 2018 Dream Award Scholars
- Press release announcing the inaugural Midwest Dream Award Scholars
- Meet the Dream Award Scholars in an ongoing series on our blog
About the Dream Award
The Dream Award is Scholarship America’s renewable scholarship program for financially needy students who have overcome barriers and have successfully started their college education. Awards were made to students selected from across the nation who are entering their second year or higher of education beyond high school; the scholarships are both renewable and increase in amount each year. Scholarship America provides Dream Awards ranging from $5,000 to $15,000 based on the individual student’s financial need. Each student’s award will increase by $1,000 each year to help them successfully finish school and earn their degrees.
Dream Award scholarships include general scholarships, STEM-specific scholarships (for study in science, technology, engineering and math-related majors), the World Journal Dream Award Scholarship for Chinese American students and the Midwest Scholars Dream Award for students in eligible states. Financial need will always be considered in determining award amounts.