About the Position
- Saint Peter, MN, Bloomington, MN or Remote
- Reports to: Director, Implementation Services
- Application deadline: August 20, 2019
- Submit resume and application online
The Web Content Specialist is responsible for the preparation of content for web pages, web forms, data products, reports, and other outlets for new and existing clients.
Essential Job Functions
- Produce complete and accurate content for web publishing.
- Prepare and stage edited material and metadata in the content management system (CMS), ensuring the material is complete and reviewed. Duties include maintaining data field definitions, developing custom expressions, coding using HTML and CSS, FTPing files, inserting images and files, testing and validating.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff and client to avoid or correct inaccuracies in preparing electronic products.
- Ensure content and metadata follow digital best practices, such as for file structures, naming conventions, styling, metadata, titles, text, and images.
- Perform quality control on various products—prior to posting, as well as a post-live publishing check serving as the final step in the workflow.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff to identify and make changes necessary to improve the usability of web products, including changes intended to improve usability.
- Work with staff, clients, and development team to further develop current and useful products for future release.
- Share best practices and recommendations on content set-up and workflow with staff or clients as needed.
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to successfully manage multiple complex projects with varying deadlines and time constraints
- Competence in Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Requires excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communications/writing skills including the ability to analyze and respond to client’s needs with accuracy, tact and professionalism.
- Demonstrated solution-based results approach for clients and team
- Web development skills with the ability to code HTML5 and CSS3 to W3C standards, including accessibility and validation
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Skill with web publishing, content management systems, and document management
- Associate’s degree in relevant field with minimum of 3 years of web development/content experience
- Knowledge of Access, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Jira, basecamp or other task/project tracking software