About the Position
- Saint Peter, MN, Bloomington, MN or Remote
- Reports to: Director, IT Development
- Application deadline: Open Until Filled
- Submit resume and application online
The Senior Web Developer/Programmer Analyst will be responsible for analysis, design and development of new web based software solutions. This role will provide technical leadership and be responsible for developing complex solutions from inception to final acceptance. This includes analyzing user requirements, procedures, and problems to help define quality solutions to improve service to clients and students and improve operational efficiency.
Essential Job Functions
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert and Senior Technical Lead in relation to expanding our web based applications by evaluating client needs, analyzing requirements, and generating related code for existing applications and new development.
- Conducts thorough problem analysis in regard to Scholarship America software applications; documents findings and proposes problem resolution alternatives.
- Perform application testing and manages releases for assigned applications including ensuring enhancements are scheduled properly in source control, code modifications done by others are reviewed, and the system is monitored.
- Critically reviews programs to maintain industry best practices for security.
- Works interdepartmentally with staff to identify requirements for assigned applications
- Works with internal and external developers to define requirements for systems, including database development.
- Provides assistance and training, as needed, to IT staff and outsourced resources.
- Adhere to programming standards and quality assurance guidelines.
- Four or more years of web development and analytical experience supporting professional business needs
- Experience in design, coding and unit testing of scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications.
- Experience in Angular and PHP
- Ability to produce effective high quality UI designs; including wireframes and appropriate documentation
- Experience in system/service integration
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with internal contacts onsite or virtually, plus vendor contacts
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases including SQL
- Experience with Source Control tools
- Robust troubleshooting and problem solving skills with a focus on process improvement
- Highly self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and on joint projects
- Ability offer ideas and provide direction through informal leadership connections and coaching opportunities
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and communicate status/updates effectively
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication with co-workers, end users and management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; or work experience equivalent
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with MongoDB
- ERP software integration development experience