About the Position
- Saint Peter, MN, Bloomington, MN or Remote
- Reports to: Director, IT Development
- Application deadline: Open Until Filled
- Submit resume and application online
The Senior Programmer Analyst will be responsible for analysis, design and development of new software solutions as we transition to a new .net ERP framework for our organization. This role will provide technical leadership in long-term strategic planning and be responsible for developing complex solutions from inception to final acceptance. This includes analyzing user requirements, procedures, and problems to help define quality solutions to improve our operational efficiency.
Essential Job Functions
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert and Senior Technical Lead in expanding assigned applications by evaluating client needs, analyzing requirements, and generating related code for existing applications and new development.
- Conducts thorough problem analysis in regard to Scholarship America programs; documents findings and proposes problem resolution alternatives.
- Perform application testing and manages releases for assigned applications including ensuring enhancements are scheduled properly in source control, code modifications done by others are reviewed, and the system is monitored.
- Critically reviews programs to maintain industry best practices for security.
- Works interdepartmentally with staff to identify requirements for assigned applications
- Works with internal and external developers to define requirements for systems, including database development.
- Provides assistance and training, as needed, to IT staff and outsourced resources.
- Adhere to programming standards and quality assurance guidelines.
- Four or more years of software development, programming and analytical experience supporting professional business operational needs
- Experience in design, coding and unit testing of scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications.
- ERP software development experience
- Experience in system/service integration
- Experience in .Net framework
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with internal contacts onsite or virtually, plus vendor contacts
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases including SQL
- Experience with Source Control tools
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills with a focus on process improvement
- Highly self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and on joint projects
- Ability offer ideas and provide direction through informal leadership connections and coaching opportunities
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and communicate status/updates effectively
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication with co-workers, end users and management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; or work experience equivalent
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in C#
- PHP, Oracle Database, or Cobol knowledge