About the Position
- Saint Peter, MN – Due to COVID-19 pandemic, currently position working remotely with virtual training and onboarding
- Submit resume and application online
The Quality Assurance Analyst & Software Support carries out testing activities related to projects, ensuring all deliverables are released to specification and the highest quality in an Agile environment. As an expert on software capabilities, provides level II software support in response to users issues, provides training to staff as necessary, offers an understanding of the software strengths and weaknesses, and champions customer issues in order to ensure a positive experience.
Essential Job Functions:
Respond to level II internal user software issues and requests:
- Research and determine solutions to support tickets
- Ensure all tickets are responded to in a timely manner and that resolutions are well documented.
Provide training to end users
- Provide training as necessary in relation to user questions or new software solutions
- Document software processes to support organizational effectiveness
Monitor and resolve system or data issues
- Monitor nightly reports and error logs
- Ensure issues are tracked and resolved in a timely manner.
- Create level III tickets as necessary to prevent future issues from occurring
Provide expertise and support in relation to internal ticketing systems
- Assist with release management
- Create dashboards and views to support team efficiency
Creation of test plans:
- Identify/define how testing for a project will be carried out.
- Prepare and document work needed for specific test, i.e. data preparation for specific scenario test.
Carry out unit testing:
- Execute tests as documented in the test plan.
- Maintain a work log with developers.
- Retest and close bugs once they have been resolved.
- Keep a clear record of all bugs identified and provide progress reports on a regular basis.
Carry out regression testing:
- Ensure all regressions scripts are kept up-to-date in accordance with specified functionality; updates all regression documents when new functionality is released.
- Execute regression test scripts as part of the overall build process; identify/log all bugs, work with developers on bug resolution, produce progress reports on a regular basis.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; or work experience equivalent
- Two or more years of IT Quality Assurance and Software Support experience
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products and databases
- Able to perform remote troubleshooting
- Good understanding of computer systems
- Defect identification skills
- Displays passion for application quality and quality of the user experience
- Eager to take personal responsibility for the quality of software and to ensure all product releases are thoroughly tested, robust and conform to specification; must be detail oriented
- Demonstrates the strong ability to investigate and determine cause; is tenacious
- Displays commitment by adopting an ‘extra mile’ attitude
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism
- Willing to learn and develop new skills
- Team player mindset, committed to overall company results
- Demonstrated ability to work & communicate efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with others
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Familiarity with test automation
- Advanced experience working with the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience developing and performing tests for performance, security, non-functional requirements or user acceptance
- Experience working on Agile teams using test-first practices for features & stories
- Experience collaborating with Agile teams to develop tests from acceptance criteria and testing in small increments in parallel with development
- Core office hours Monday-Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- 15 Paid Holidays Annually plus Vacation, Sick & Personal Time
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 403(b) participation with company match
- Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability programs
- Dependent & Employee Education Reimbursement programs