The Technical Support Specialist serves as a main point of contact for Dollars for Scholars affiliates nationwide. Reporting to the Director, Student Success Programs, this position is responsible for contributing to and maintaining standardized processes and protocols for the Technical Support function within the team, and for ensuring high-touch response and support for all end users. Duties include providing and organizing technical support and training for users of ChapterNet, performing diagnoses, troubleshooting, and providing detailed documentation and communication in a team environment. This position’s schedule is Monday-Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm with some variations due to client support needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides webinar, phone and email consultation to Dollars for Scholars affiliates on all aspects of Student Success Programs software.
- Exercises trouble-shooting skills to identify the source of complex software issues and provides customers with technical assistance and solutions to resolve reported issues.
- Prioritizes and manages workload to ensure reported issues are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
- Communicates with internal and external customers to support all aspects of users utilizing the technology platforms.
- Logs issues and compiles trends to support recommendations for software enhancements.
- Participates in documenting and editing client manuals, tutorials, and training courses materials as well as conducting web-based training.
- Participates in the testing of new enhancements.
- Participates as a member of the Student Success Programs team to develop and launch subsequent phases of Student Success Programs software and any other assigned platforms when developed.
- Assists with report creation and data exporting for both internal and external clients of our technology platform.
- Recognizes and completes tasks on time, resolving issues associated with program management and quality assurance, problem-solving as needed to satisfy constituents.
- Technical support, help desk and/or customer service experience with demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with others.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Basic networking troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of database management and spread sheets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to listen and articulate clearly in a patient and calm manner.
- Experience supporting networked and non-networked PCs remotely.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to address problems in a systematic and deliberate manner.
- Ability to learn technical information quickly and to answer in depth technical questions.
- Ability to create and edit technical documentation.
- Experience in testing software requirements.
- BS/BA in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supporting multi-platform environment.
- Core office hours Monday-Friday from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- 15 Paid Holidays Annually plus Vacation, Sick & Personal Time
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 403(b) participation with company match
- Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability programs
- Dependent & Employee Education Reimbursement programs