About the Position
- Full time
- Saint Peter, MN or Bloomington, MN – Due to COVID-19 pandemic, currently position working remotely with virtual training and onboarding
- Submit resume and application online
The Product Owner III represents the voice of the customer and user on product development teams and will work directly with technology, operations, and support teams as a key member of an agile product team. The Product Owner (PO) is a member of an Agile project team responsible for defining stories and prioritizing the team backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components for the team. The Product Owner is also responsible for establishing clear acceptance criteria for stories and ensuring that the project team’s work meets the acceptance criteria. The Product Owner III will use a high level of product knowledge, experience with executing enterprise-level projects to ensure successful communication and implementation of all agreed-upon initiatives and their outcomes across multiple teams and/or multiple products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Your experience representing the voice of the customer by providing deep expertise and vision for the products used by our partners and students will be utilized to build, edit, and maintain the team roadmap & backlog.
- You will document user stories, feature requirements, workflows, and acceptance criteria for a prioritized backlog of work to ensure that the Scrum team and stakeholders have the understanding needed to execute & support their work successfully.
- Your expertise to facilitate PI planning and ensure the team aligns and agrees on a final iteration plan and sequencing by taking into account priorities, capacity, events and milestones, and dependencies with other teams, as well as effectively communicating an inspiring vision and then managing through impediments or vague milestones or concepts.
- As the primary liaison and communicator between stakeholders and teams, your expert communication is vital for strategic and inspiring vision to be produced by team members in support of your product roadmap.
- Your partnerships with Marketing, Partner Solutions, and Operations will ensure cross-functional partners have the understanding of new products and features necessary for successful product launches occurring in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Your focus on ongoing process improvement and improved skill & knowledge within the product and the department will instill continuous growth, maturity, and relevance of the Agile team and their product deliverables.
- Your demonstrated skills as a successful Product Owner on an Agile team have showcased your ability to execute the implementation of complex product data and feedback which has been used to drive the future path and features for the department or organization.
- Your proven ability to break down complex issues into user stories and achievable iterations has provided the ability to frame the day to day actions of the Agile team in the larger context of the product and organizational goals in conjunction with the Scrum Master leading detailed activities to create high performing product based team to execute the product roadmap through established milestones and deadlines.
- Your proficient presentation, facilitation, and documentation skills to communicate information to a variety of audiences and convey clear ideas, objectives, and customize approach for each audience in an inspiring and compelling manner reflected in the long-term success of product objectives and features.
- Your ability to troubleshoot and efficiently analyze inconsistencies in the data and systems you are working with provides quality solutions provided to our stakeholders.
- Your participation on an Agile team where you successfully implemented big data and/or data analytic product solutions resulting in your organization being able to scale and meet internal objectives more effectively and efficiently or produced a viable product to current market demand.
- Previous experience with JIRA for ticket creation, monitoring milestones, and analysis of gaps and impediments developing which may impact deadlines and feature releases.
- Skilled background to create dashboards and metrics (such as Power BI) to show progress for internal and external team consumption in a resourceful manner for easy consumption by applicable audience.
- Thorough knowledge of scholarship design, procedures and systems or knowledge of higher education industry and trends to quickly identify gaps, issues, or opportunities within our current product portfolio.
- SAFe certified in Scaled Agile, Product Owner/Product Management (POPM) to assist, steer, and lead applicable team members and stakeholders through product roadmap.
- Core office hours Monday-Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- 15 Paid Holidays Annually plus Vacation, Sick & Personal Time
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 403(b) participation with company match
- Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability programs
- Dependent & Employee Education Reimbursement programs