About the Position
- Full time
- Saint Peter, MN
- Application deadline: Open until filled
- Submit resume and application online
The Operations & Customer Support position will provide scholarship program processing support to our Operations department through internal systems, reporting, and general administrative duties. In addition, the position provides backup for Customer Service Representatives in the Contact Center.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure quality, accuracy and timeliness in support of Operations department activities (data entry, payment disbursements, inquires and resolution).
- Create letters, reports, spreadsheets, and documents using standard and customized software and systems for scholarship and tuition reimbursement programs.
- Data entry of scholarship program details in proprietary software systems capturing milestones, deadlines, and program attributes from client documentation; update material on annual basis as applicable.
- Create and send bulk email notifications using specialized software.
- Use written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with internal customers.
- Process program disbursements per client documentation guidelines utilizing college and individual payment details.
- Provide backup to support services, as necessary, to include answering incoming calls and greeting guests.
- Process Tuition Reimbursement requests as assigned.
- Provides Customer Service support by interacting with students, parents, high school and university officials, and other constituents by providing accurate and timely program information and problem solving with a student-centered approach.
- Track customer contacts through applicable software.
- Download and file student documents.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through to meet internal deadlines.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access with strong data entry skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented in order to prioritize and execute work assignments.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team setting.
- Previous experience in direct internal or external customer support through phone and/or email interaction.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow-up and follow through while multi-tasking (i.e. software applications, email, chat, and phone).
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Two year degree in business or related field of study.
- 1-3 years professional office experience.
- Experience with implementing new software technology into workflow.
- Strong mathematical comprehension for financial calculations accuracy. Experience with 10 key calculator for financial aid payment verification.