About the Position
- Full time
- Bloomington, MN or Remote ~ Due to COVID-19, all positions are currently working remotely with virtual training and onboarding
- Submit resume and application online
Scholarship America’s Corporate Giving Officer will work within a robust corporate prospect base to help deepen prospects’ understanding of our organization, find alignment with their interests, and cultivate their partnership and greatest philanthropic support for Scholarship America’s strategic goals.
The Corporate Giving Officer is part of a high-performance fundraising team, and will be responsible for growing revenue to meet or exceed individual and overall goals. This position will have the opportunity to be innovative and enhance the corporate giving program, including event sponsorship, matching gifts, employee giving campaigns, partnerships and cause marketing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward current and prospective corporate partnerships with gifts aimed at $25,000 or more.
- Lead the development of integrated strategies to maximize contributed revenue, partnering with colleagues across the organization to build a compelling case for support.
- Promote existing funding opportunities and initiate the development of new opportunities to attract corporate support for Scholarship America’s mission and programs.
- Work cross-departmentally to design and execute custom solicitation strategies targeting organizational objectives and donor interests.
- Ensure that organizational leaders and colleagues know and understand he interests of corporate funding priorities.
- Be a champion for Scholarship America’s mission, goals and programs both internally and externally.
- Oversee and manage sponsorship goal for annual Dreams to Success fundraising event.
- Facilitate corporate network engagement with organizational leadership and stakeholders.
- Assist in developing and executing external employee giving campaigns.
- Ensure that gift records are managed responsibly, protecting donor privacy and tracking updates in a timely manner.
- Maintain up-to-date donor records in CRM database following donor contact.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Meet or exceed key metrics for relationship management, with incremental increases in benchmarks after six months, one year, two years and three years of employment.
- Achieve annual revenue goal for assigned portfolio, and provide input to create reliable future revenue growth forecasts.
- Meet annual goals for retention, acquisition and pipeline growth within developed portfolio.
- Demonstrate successful creation of flexible and creative cross-functional programs that meet corporate partner needs and significantly impact Scholarship America’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in professional fundraising, corporate relations, or similar field.
- Demonstrated experience in identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of corporate prospects.
- Demonstrated experience in event sponsorship, grants, corporate engagement.
- Effective and persuasive verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to lead and inspire others while maintaining collaborative process.
- Strong analytical skills: able to interpret and compare data to form meaningful insights.
- Results-oriented, motivated to meet or exceed individual and shared goals by carefully monitoring progress and demonstrating accountability.
- Superior interpersonal skills with understanding, empathy & diversity emphasis.
- Willing to embrace change and try new things while taking risks and challenging the status quo.
- Experience with volunteer stakeholder engagement, both in board and committee capacities.
- Occasional opportunities for travel based on availability (approximately five trips annually).
- Commitment to continued personal and professional development.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credentials.
- Higher education industry knowledge.
- Core office hours Monday-Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- 15 Paid Holidays Annually plus Vacation, Sick & Personal Time
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 403(b) participation with company match
- Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability programs
- Dependent & Employee Education Reimbursement programs