About the Position
- Saint Peter, MN – Due to COVID-19 pandemic, currently position working remotely with virtual training and onboarding
- Application deadline: Open Until Filled
- Submit resume and application online
The Accounts Payable Representative is responsible for general accounting functions including (but not limited to) accounts payable processing, vendor set-up and controls; 1099 processing; employee expense reimbursement; account reconciliations; fixed assets accounting; and support of monthly financial reporting processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for processing and accounting transactions of all accounts payable including invoice receipt, GL coding, approval verification, disbursement processing (check, ACH, wire), etc.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, produce monthly department detail financial reports and balance prepaid and accrual accounts.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger detail, record asset acquisitions/retirements as well as depreciation entries.
- Responsible for management and transaction processing of employee reimbursement and corporate card activity on monthly basis.
- Facilitate process automation of invoice and expense reimbursement work streams.
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of annual Form 1099’s.
- Support process improvement initiatives across vendor management, disbursements and fixed asset management areas.
- Support annual audit requirements related to cash disbursement activities, fixed assets, leases and interest expense.
- Assist with development of budget data for organization indirect costs and system load of annual department budget data.
- Support management of organization’s insurance portfolio. Provide data/documentation for program requirements.
- Strong computer skills; demonstrated knowledge in Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Word).
- Experience with general accounting processes, including account reconciliations.
- Customer service focus; demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people to achieve positive results.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Regular & timely attendance to support business & client needs.
- Demonstrated results in process improvement initiatives for greater efficiencies.
- Associates business degree.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field.
- Two to three years of work experience in accounting or finance roles.
- Experience with general ledger systems, particularly Blackbaud Financial Edge
- Experience with accounts payables processing.