About the Position
- Saint Peter, MN – Due to COVID-19 pandemic, currently position working remotely with virtual training and onboarding
- Application deadline: July 18, 2021
- Submit resume and application online
The Accounting Manager is responsible for oversight and management of the general ledger, daily/monthly accounting transactions, account reconciliations and key elements of the month end close processes. The role provides critical input and oversight for the organization’s internal controls infrastructure with responsibility to document and implement policies and procedures through team and direct functional tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for management of key accounting functions including the general ledger, proper coding of transactions, accruals, trial balance and account reconciliations.
- Prepares accounting transactions and allocations for key accounts; coordinates journal entries with members of the accounting team.
- Manages monthly drawdowns of temporarily restricted funds.
- Responsible for roll-forwards and net asset balancing as part of the month end close process.
- Oversees accounting for existing charitable remainder trusts and associated tax filings.
- Responsible for development/updates to Finance internal controls procedures and associated documentation of policies and procedures to ensure a robust internal controls environment.
- Key role in teaming with the Director, Accounting in management and delivery of the annual financial statement audit.
- Directly supervises, coaches and mentors the Cash Receipts Specialist, Cash Disbursements Specialist and Invoicing Specialist roles with a focus on developing the team for efficient delivery of goals & objectives in alignment with compliance and internal controls delegation.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Minimum 5-7 years of work experience in technical accounting roles, including experience managing accounting processes, general ledger, account reconciliations, financial reporting and internal controls.
- Experience with general ledger systems, particularly Blackbaud Financial Edge.
- Experience in managing and developing a high performing team.
- Strong computer skills; demonstrated knowledge in Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Word).
- Customer service focus; demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people to achieve positive results.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Demonstrated results in process improvement initiatives for greater efficiencies.
- CPA designation
- Core office hours Monday-Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- 15 Paid Holidays Annually plus Vacation, Sick & Personal Time
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 403(b) participation with company match
- Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability programs
- Dependent & Employee Education Reimbursement programs