About the Position
- Seasonal (20 hours/week in 4 hour increments/day between November – April/May)
- Multiple positions available
- Saint Peter, MN
- Submit resume and application online
Scholarship America is seeking assistance with our seasonal needs for Evaluation Specialists to provide review, analysis, and evaluation of incoming scholarship applications for our programs. This position operates on a reduced hour schedule with morning or afternoon shifts available in increments of four (4) hours during the days of Monday – Friday for the months of November – April/May based on client needs on an annual basis. You will ensure applicants include valid documentation in their scholarship application, review essays for subject content & grammatical mechanics, and update software system appropriately to process application in workflow stream.
Essential Job Functions
- Review scholarship applications for eligibility.
- Evaluate scholarship applications and academic transcripts using Scholarship America methodology according to specific program guidelines.
- Evaluate essays and financial data.
- Maintain program and work logs.
- Provide online coaching/mentoring to students through software technology.
- Follow Scholarship America quality assurance guidelines.
- Use written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with internal customers.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team setting.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Regular & timely attendance to support business & client needs.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Outlook, Word & Excel).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in education, accounting or business.
- Proficiency in written and verbal Spanish and/or French languages.