About the Position
- Requisition SA-19-60
- Minneapolis, MN
- Internal/External Position Opening
- Submit resume and application online
The Development Associate will provide a high level of service for current donors, prospects, and internal partners. Through cultivating detailed knowledge of Scholarship America’s donors and donor management systems, this position will support fundraising and donor engagement strategies and tactics that produce successful results. This position supports database management, annual and employee giving campaign, reporting and analysis, gifts processing, donor research and relationship management processes. In addition, this position contributes to planning and execution of various fundraising campaigns, events and initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides support for fundraising programs including donor appeals, constituent tracking, relationship management, moves management, fund management, and stewardship.
- Provides timely and accurate gift processing, production of receipts, acknowledgment letters and pledge reminders. Works with appropriate staff to ensure tracking and reporting as needed.
- Updates, corrects and maintains donor and constituent information. Works closely with the Development Services Manager to administer systems supporting effective and accurate donor and constituent records and reports.
- Processes donor contributions with speed and accuracy to ensure the acknowledgment of gifts within a timely basis.
- Partners with other team members to provide research and background on current and prospective donors and partners to help advance relationships and opportunities.
- Responds to donor inquiries with warmth and timeliness; balances data-oriented tasks with meaningful donor interactions.
- Handles special requests to address donor needs, implements processes and systems, mitigates risk and supports donor relations and recognition programs; handles data management, including monitoring and maintaining data integrity, updating donor records and producing lists for solicitations and other donor communications.
- Ensures that data is managed responsibly, that donor privacy is protected, and that activity and gifts are recorded accurately and efficiently.
- Create and use CRM dashboard to categorize donors into different group levels to better support donor analysis and research.
- Research donors based on wealth screen results.
- Provides administrative support and back up to the department as needed.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
- Prior experience with fundraising software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to manage competing deadlines and prioritize appropriately, and to assess and match work process needs and solutions.
- General financial budget or accounting skills; ability to identify and communicate trends and analyze and highlight the most relevant and helpful information.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and provide a high level of service for donors and colleagues; ability to train, supervise and motivate others in a positive and supportive way.
- Strong analytical skills: able to interpret and compare data to form meaningful insights.
- Results-oriented, motivated to meet or exceed individual and shared goals and support others in doing the same.
- 2-3 years successful experience in philanthropic services or development operations, or similar experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; demonstrated commitment to continued personal and professional development.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Prior experience with Microsoft CRM database.
- Proficient in Excel and Power Point