About the Position
- Full time
- Saint Peter, MN
- Department: Operations
- Application deadline: August 23, 2019 (Or Until Filled)
- Submit resume and application online
The Customer Service Representative provides direct customer service support for the programs we serve to the scholarship application audience both internally and externally interacting with contacts. This position also provides general office support to the Operations team.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide customer service supporting complex, multi-step processes with caring and compassionate assistance.
- Interact with students, parents, high school and university officials, affiliates and other constituents by providing accurate and timely program information and problem solving with a student-centered approach.
- Proactively communicate with program managers by providing program suggestions, feedback and assisting with knowledge base development.
- Ensure quality customer service by providing internal team updates throughout the program cycle, reducing the number of contacts escalated to the program manager.
- Facilitate integrated disbursements by communicating with colleges and universities during the research, onboarding and payment process.
- Identify and escalate student cases to the program manager as applicable.
- Download and file student documents.
- Communicate with team members and supervisor regarding individual program needs and coordinate work with peers to ensure service levels are met.
- Track customer contacts through applicable software.
- Proactively seek support tasks during off peak hours.
Required Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in direct internal or external customer support through phone and/or email interaction.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Proficient data entry computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people in a positive and productive manner.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through while multi-tasking (i.e. software applications, email, chat, and phone).
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Regular & timely attendance to support business & client needs.
- High school diploma.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Background or education in social services, human services or related field.
- Excellent listening and communication skills with the ability to build rapport with students and their families while making life decisions.