About the Position
- Seasonal (20 hours/week during March)
- Multiple positions available
- Saint Peter, MN
- Submit resume and application online
Scholarship America is seeking seasonal, part-time (20 hours/week) Evaluation Specialists to review and evaluate scholarship applications for a high volume scholarship program during March 2020. The analysis includes confirmation of valid documentation, essay review including content and grammatical mechanics, and system work to update the application status in workflow software using a Scholarship America provided computer. All candidates must be willing to attain federal security clearance and be available the last week of February for training and the full month of March to complete the application evaluations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review scholarship applications for eligibility.
- Evaluate scholarship applications and academic transcripts using Scholarship America methodology according to specific program guidelines.
- Evaluate essays and financial data.
- Maintain program and work logs.
- Provide online coaching/mentoring to students through software technology.
- Follow Scholarship America quality assurance guidelines.
- Use written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with internal customers.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team setting.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Regular & timely attendance to support business & client needs.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Outlook, Word, & Excel).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in education, accounting or business.
- Proficiency in written and verbal Spanish and/or French languages.