About the Position
- Seasonal (20 hours/week during March annually)
- Saint Peter, MN
- Submit resume and application online
Scholarship America is seeking a seasonal, part-time (20 hours/week) Evaluation Specialist to review and evaluate scholarship applications for a high volume scholarship program during March annually. The analysis includes confirmation of valid documentation, essay review including content and grammatical mechanics, and system work to update the application status in workflow software using a Scholarship America provided computer.
All candidates must be willing to attain federal security clearance and be available the last week of February for training and the full month of March to complete the application evaluations.
Essential Job Functions:
- You will receive direction and feedback to support the workflow of the scholarship application process with team members and clients in various methods of communication including email, chat messaging, and virtual verbal interactions.
- Your support of the scholarship application process includes reviewing applications against established eligibility requirements and confirming applications and documentation provided by each applicant meets specific program guidelines.
- You will maintain program and work logs in applicable software systems with a focus on quality while meeting program milestones and deadlines.
- Your attention to detail provides a thorough and accurate evaluation of scholarship materials to be reviewed, analyzed, and distributed for accurate scholarship assessment and awards to qualified and deserving students.
- Your ability to troubleshoot and analyze inconsistencies in the data and systems you are working with provides quality solutions provides to our clients and students who are relying on educational payments for their financial needs.
- Your ability to review documentation and share feedback with internal team members and our clients in written and verbal formats is critical to maintain the flow of information through the scholarship application process.
- Your previous experience working cooperatively and collaboratively in a team setting allows you to provide feedback in a professional manner to others while working towards program milestones and deadlines.
- Your past regular & timely attendance to support business & client needs will be appreciated by our team, clients, and students affected by the scholarship application process.
- Your proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite allows prompt communication exchanges in Outlook with internal team members for program details and updates, data reporting, and simple analysis in Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in education, accounting or business.
- Proficiency in written and verbal Spanish and/or French languages to evaluate or communicate with scholarship audiences representing our global connections.