About the Position
- Casual, Temporary Internship (~ 3 months)
- Requisition SA–21–41
- Saint Peter, MN ~ In accordance with COVID-19 protocol, this position will work virtually and onsite
- Submit resume and application online
Through hands-on opportunities with projects and processes in the Human Resources office for a national, multi-state employer, the Human Resources Intern will gain an understanding in a variety of aspects to include compliance, staffing, and retention while providing general support to the Human Resources department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with recruitment efforts (posting jobs, assist with resume and candidate screening, scheduling, notifying applicants of status, coordinating onboarding experience with new employees, etc.).
- Execution of compliance-related research and/or projects.
- Assist with filing, status updates, auditing, and/or reporting when needed.
- Assist with monthly reporting activities as well as updating key metrics.
- Prepare and execute wellbeing activities.
- Tracking of required compliance training.
- Facilitate quarterly service awards.
- Planning and executing various employee events intended to engage and recognize staff.
- Special administrative and general HR projects as assigned.
- Pursuit of Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field ~ Current students are encouraged to apply.
- A motivated and responsible self-starter, who takes direction well and is able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow-up and follow through.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organization, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Prior work experience or team related experiences.
- Successful course completion of HR related topics in areas such as recruiting, leadership, compliance, HR Information Systems, etc.
- Experience manipulating data, doing analysis in Microsoft Excel.