About the Position
- Saint Peter, MN or Minneapolis, MN – Due to COVID-19 pandemic, position is currently working remotely with virtual training and onboarding
- Submit resume and application online
The Associate General Counsel serves as the primary internal legal resource to partner and advise the organization on a broad range of legal and commercial matters with a focus on contracting, compliance and risk mitigation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review, draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts with a primary focus on master service agreements, statements of work, data privacy agreements, NDA’s and vendor contracts.
- Serve as primary liaison with outside counsel, as needed, to facilitate risk mitigation, compliance and prudent business practices in support of the organization’s mission.
- Provide leadership, legal guidance for organization efforts on enterprise risk management.
- Provide legal advice in support of new business development initiatives. Perform legal research and analysis on various issues impacting the organization and key strategic initiatives.
- Drive process improvements in contracting and management of third-party vendors with a focus on risk mitigation, adherence to flow down of contract requirements, etc.
- Lead efforts to identify, select and implement a contract management software system that will enhance the organization’s ability to draft, execute, administer, update and comply with client and vendor contracts.
- Serve as primary liaison with outside service provider in management of all corporate compliance, annual reporting, and state registrations for solicitation of donations, etc.
- Manage annual federal, state reporting requirements (census related, business licensing, etc.)
- Performs other duties and miscellaneous tasks as required/requested by management
- J.D. required from an accredited U.S. law school
- Member of the State Bar of Minnesota in good standing
- 3+ years of transactional legal experience – contract review, drafting and negotiation
- Experience with developing templates and implementing processes within the contracts lifecycle; familiarity with contract management tools/systems
- Ability to think creatively, devise solutions to challenging problems and effectively drive issues to closure
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills and the ability to effectively communicate risk-related concepts and legal guidance on complex issues
- Ability to proactively identify and escalate potential legal and business risks to colleagues in the organization and to craft effective solutions that advance the mission
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through
- Ability to multi-task by prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of data privacy, GDPR regulations
- Experience with vendor management processes, technology
- Core office hours Monday-Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- 15 Paid Holidays Annually plus Vacation, Sick & Personal Time
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 403(b) participation with company match
- Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability programs
- Dependent & Employee Education Reimbursement programs