About the Position
- Seasonal (20 hours/week in 4 hour increments/day between November –May/June)
- Saint Peter, MN (Due to COVID-19 pandemic, currently position working remotely with virtual training and onboarding.)
- Submit resume and application online
Scholarship America is seeking assistance with our seasonal needs for Evaluation Specialists to review, analyze, and evaluate incoming scholarship applications for our programs. This position operates on a reduced hour schedule with morning or afternoon shifts available in increments of four (4) hours Monday – Friday, during November – May/June based on client needs on an annual basis. You will ensure applicants include valid documentation in their scholarship application, review essays for subject content & grammatical mechanics, and update software system appropriately to process application in the workflow stream.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review scholarship applications for eligibility requirements as defined by the program guidelines.
- Evaluate scholarship applications and academic transcripts using Scholarship America methodology according to specific program guidelines.
- Evaluate submitted student essays and financial data.
- Maintain program and work logs through automated proprietary software as well as maintaining data matrix materials for reference.
- Provide online coaching/mentoring to students through software technology.
- Follow Scholarship America quality assurance guidelines.
- Use written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with internal customers.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and complex ideas presented to apply to the evaluation of multiple assigned scholarship programs.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team setting, yet maintaining individual assignments and responsibilities.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Regular & timely attendance to support business & client needs.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Outlook, Word, & Excel).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in education, accounting or business.
- Proficiency in written and verbal Spanish and/or French languages.