Third-party fundraisers are events or campaigns organized and managed by a business or individual in support of Scholarship America’s mission.
To assure that your fundraising event/campaign is both successful and in compliance with Scholarship America’s brand and legal requirements, we expect companies and individuals raising funds on our behalf to:
- Have been in business a minimum of one year, and can demonstrate a high degree of integrity, a strong corporate reputation and a commitment to maintaining a high level of product/service quality.
- Provide full disclosure language to the consumer regarding the benefit to Scholarship America when donations are raised through a consumer purchase on all packaging, advertising and promotional materials in clear and unambiguous terms (e.g., fundraising cap and/or minimum).
- Guarantee a minimum donation of $10,000 per year.
- Follow Scholarship America branding and graphic standards when using the Scholarship America name or logo.
- Only use the Scholarship America name or logo within the geographic area that is stated in a written agreement (e.g., local usage vs. national usage).
- Recognize Scholarship America as a “Charity Beneficiary” in all related promotional materials.
- Prepare and sign a formal letter of agreement on company/business letterhead.
- Submit fundraising event/campaign proposal to Scholarship America at a minimum of 30 days prior to event/campaign being hosted.
If you are interested in organizing a fundraiser in support of Scholarship America, contact email@example.com.
The Dream Award
Scholarship America’s Dream Award is a new multi-year, performance-based scholarship fund targeted toward completion. These renewable, annually-increasing awards will be given to students selected from across the nation who are entering their second year of education beyond high school.
The Scholarship Coach
Scholarship America's blog, The Scholarship Coach, appears weekly at USNews.com, featuring expert advice on all kinds of scholarship issues. Here on the site, we feature a new highlight from the blog every week, and you can also download a free Scholarship Coach e-book!
Inspired By You
Our 2012 Annual Report, Inspired By You, features the students who are inspired by their scholarship support—and the donors and friends who inspire them.Visit the online report to read their stories and hear from our President, Lauren Segal.