Online Application Form
- Type: Full-time, exempt
- Location: Minneapolis/St. Peter, MN
- Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
About the Position:
Reporting to the CFO, the Vice President, Information Technology plays a leading role in the strategy development, planning, delivery and security of successful technology solutions and systems that support the business needs and growth of Scholarship America. The Vice President, Information Technology has primary oversight of organization-wide IS infrastructure architecture and development including networking, database management, system performance/security and IT resource management. This role also is the key liaison with commercial development and business unit teams.
- Responsible for the development of a comprehensive information technology strategic plan to align with the strategic needs/initiatives of the organization. Able to then translate strategies into actionable plans and manage execution.
- Responsible for the management of service-driven technology infrastructure and support.
- Procures, manages, monitors and maintains internal and external infrastructure to provide services for prioritized business unit requirements and the organization as a whole.
- Proposes, oversees, and executes design schematics for existing and new infrastructure subsystems.
- Researches, proposes, oversees, and executes plans for implementing technology improvements/replacements using modern or emerging solutions to cost effectively deliver requisite IT infrastructure and services.
- Analyzes domain problems and functional gaps within the existing infrastructure (missing services) and proposes solutions/implement solutions for these gaps.
- Designs and manages interaction/integration between internal and external infrastructure to provide a seamless and secure integration between organizational environments.
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Defines and maintains policy/process documents for standardizing the level of service both internally and with third-party vendors.
- Ensure storage and data backup environment is scalable, highly available and reliable to support growth initiatives. Experienced with latest technology solutions including cloud-based applications.
- Provides guidance to Organizational Security team to ensure business continuity/disaster recovery policies and processes are in place, have been tested, and can be executed.
- Provide feedback to security team on risk of policy waivers and provide solutions for security mitigations required by clients.
- Oversees, monitors and supports vendors to ensure that a consistent quality of service is provided.
- Provide effective leadership to staff through coaching, motivating, and mentoring. Facilitates performance reviews, identifying training and professional/personal development requirements and plans.
- Manage operational costs and budgets, participate in annual budgeting process projecting existing and new costs.
Responsibilities of All Scholarship America Staff:
- Adhere to Scholarship America policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and miscellaneous tasks as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, MIS or computer related field. MBA/MS degree a plus
- At least 10 years in senior technology management and leadership roles.
- Strong customer service orientation to both internal and external clients.
- Strong project management skills and ability to present project status reports.
- Produce assignments on time, on or under budget, accurate, error-free.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and to prioritize assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing outside vendors and consultants, as needed.
- Broad knowledge of current programming technologies and practices (virtualization, cloud based solutions) with willingness to continue learning new technology.
- Familiarity with PHP, UNIX/Linux, database design (SQL)
- Proven experience developing and executing migration strategies focus on transitioning customer impacting systems to new platforms.
- Demonstrated excellence in partnering with clients on technology needs and driving value added solutions for both the client as well as the organization.
- Experience in methodologies of developing and troubleshooting/testing software
- Experience in networking technologies, systems administration, configuration management
Requirements for All Scholarship America Positions:
- Appreciation for and commitment to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving processes, products and communications.
- Integrity. Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
Complete the Online Application Form.