Sign up for email updates from Scholarship America
Program Assistants, Scholarship Management Services
Two (2) openings; 9-month seasonal position
The Program Assistant will provide data entry, technical and general office support to the Scholarship Management Services Division, as well as backup switchboard coverage. These positions are open in our St. Peter, MN office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Input data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Data entry for processing wire payments.
- Create and merge reports, spreadsheets, and documents using appropriate software and systems.
- Prepares documents for clients.
- Prepares reports for award payments and prints checks using check printer.
- Generate invoices and credit memos.
- Perform tasks in multiple customized and standard operating systems – History System, TR System and Set-Aside System.
- Effective use of various word-processing functions.
- Ability to operate switchboard – incoming calls and transfers.
- Receipt payments.
- Use written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with internal customers.
Functions of All Scholarship America Staff:
- Adhere to Scholarship America policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and miscellaneous tasks as required.
- Travel between Saint Peter and Minneapolis offices as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Computer proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Access.
- 1-3 years office experience.
- Vocational school or business school with a data processing or administrative assistant course of study preferred.
- Strong keyboard skills (50-60 words per minute).
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to perform data entry for extended periods of time.
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Ability to understand and implement computer applications as developed by programmers.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team setting.
Requirements for All Scholarship America Positions
- Appreciation for and commitment to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving processes, products and communications.
- Integrity. Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
December 8, 2013
Send cover letter and resume to:
The Dream Award
Scholarship America’s Dream Award is a new multi-year, performance-based scholarship fund targeted toward completion. These renewable, annually-increasing awards will be given to students selected from across the nation who are entering their second year of education beyond high school.
The Scholarship Coach
Scholarship America's blog, The Scholarship Coach, appears weekly at USNews.com, featuring expert advice on all kinds of scholarship issues. Here on the site, we feature a new highlight from the blog every week, and you can also download a free Scholarship Coach e-book!
Your Gift Is Crucial
Nearly 1/4 of the U.S. population owes a collective $700 billion in student loan debt. We are committed to helping more students graduate from college with less debt. A gift of just $1 a day -- for a week, for a month, or for a year -- can help ensure that students are able to achieve their goals.