Online Application Form
Scholarship America is seeking a Financial Analyst who will help in driving achievement of the organization's annual operating plan and key strategic initiatives through analysis of current operations and forecasting/modeling of the business. Primary responsibilities will focus on financial analysis and reporting, annual budgeting process, forecasting of current business performance, cash flow forecasting and financial modeling in support of new business initiatives/new scholarship programs. Essential job functions include:
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Produce monthly and quarterly analysis of financial and operational results
- Investigate root causes of material variances against budget and prior periods for each reporting entity
- Collaborate with management to identify key drivers of current performance, impact to future results, and potential action steps to align future results to annual and strategic goals
- Extract, organize/format, and distribute data from various systems for review by management
- Partner with accounting and finance team to prepare monthly and quarterly reporting schedules for Board of Trustees communications
- Develop/maintain a model to forecast financial performance throughout the fiscal year. Develop quarterly projections of financial performance based on an updated forecast model with analysis of key variance drivers to the budget
- Highlight any key risks and opportunities to achieving forecasts
- Identify and implement opportunities to streamline and automate data gathering and required monthly reporting
- Lead the Annual Budget process and Three-year Financial Plan (Strategic plan support)
- Develop comprehensive financial models for data collection, analysis and reporting of the annual fiscal budget and the three year strategic plan
- Act as liaison between accounting and operations
- Recommend solutions to improve efficiency
- Business Analysis
- Assist with analysis and reporting on client relationships
- Revenue and contribution margin analysis
- Pricing analysis for current and new products/services
- Modeling of scholarship distribution options for existing and new programs
- Cash flow modeling to optimize capital / investment structure
- Collaborate with management to identify performance trends, impact on future performance, and any potential action changes
- Project Work
- Complete ad-hoc analysis and special projects as requested
- Assist in preparation of Board and management presentations
- Perform other duties and miscellaneous tasks as required.
- Perform miscellaneous, special projects and ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Adhere to Scholarship America policies and procedures.
Requirements for This Position:
- Four year degree (BA) in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Three to five years work experience in accounting or finance roles with particular emphasis on financial analysis, financial modeling skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven results in impacting business performance.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Power Point, and Word).
- Experience with modeling of business performance, forecasting techniques, and proven capability in building financial models.
Requirements for All Scholarship America Positions:
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
Minneapolis or St. Peter, Minnesota
January 26, 2014
If you meet the above requirements, click here to apply.