Sign up for email updates from Scholarship America
Evaluation Specialist, Scholarship Management Services
This is a part-time, seasonal position
Scholarship America is seeking an Evaluation Specialist who will be responsible for evaluating scholarship applications and providing support services to the Scholarship Management Services (SMS) Program Managers as requested. This position is open in our St. Peter, MN office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review scholarship applications for eligibility.
- Evaluate scholarship applications and academic transcripts using Scholarship America merit point methodology according to specific program guidelines.
- Evaluate essays.
- Evaluate financial data.
- Maintain scoring log for each program.
- Follow Scholarship America quality assurance guidelines.
- Use written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with internal customers.
Functions of All Scholarship America Staff:
- Adhere to Scholarship America policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and miscellaneous tasks as required.
- Travel between Saint Peter and Minneapolis offices as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- Experience in education, accounting or business.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and procedures.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team setting.
- Operate standard office equipment including computer.
Requirements for All Scholarship America Positions
- Appreciation for and commitment to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving processes, products and communications.
- Integrity. Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
December 8, 2013
Send cover letter and resume to:
The Dream Award
Scholarship America’s Dream Award is a new multi-year, performance-based scholarship fund targeted toward completion. These renewable, annually-increasing awards will be given to students selected from across the nation who are entering their second year of education beyond high school.
The Scholarship Coach
Scholarship America's blog, The Scholarship Coach, appears weekly at USNews.com, featuring expert advice on all kinds of scholarship issues. Here on the site, we feature a new highlight from the blog every week, and you can also download a free Scholarship Coach e-book!
Your Gift Is Crucial
Nearly 1/4 of the U.S. population owes a collective $700 billion in student loan debt. We are committed to helping more students graduate from college with less debt. A gift of just $1 a day -- for a week, for a month, or for a year -- can help ensure that students are able to achieve their goals.