Online Application Form
- Type: Full-time, exempt
- Location: Minneapolis/St. Peter, MN
- Reports to: Senior Manager, Media Projects
About the Position:
The Web/Digital Content Specialist is responsible for the design, content development, production and delivery of program materials and websites for new and existing clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Designs, writes, produces and delivers materials for new and existing client programs (Word/PDF files, fill-in forms, printable guidelines, applications, interactive e-applications, websites, promotional materials as requested by the client, etc.)
- Consults with clients on program expectations and the best way to realize the desired results.
- Leverages content management solution to complete assigned tasks.
- Assists Director of Sales, clients and all other SMS departmental staff in determining appropriate products for new and existing programs.
- Conducts product demonstrations independently or with a team to potential and existing SMS clients.
- Analyzes program contracts to ensure all program details are communicated thoroughly via the guidelines and all information necessary for applicant evaluation and selection is collected on applications.
- Designs sites and creates content with an eye towards mobile applications.
- Coordinates development and production of informational program websites hosted on Scholarship America’s server. Duties include creating images, testing and validating code, activating and deactivating sites as scheduled.
- Tracks and maintains client micro-site registration, submission and other statistics.
- Assigns and maintains e-application test accounts and passwords for SMS staff and clients.
- Educates clients on products, features and SMS processes.
- Coordinates foreign language translation services as needed with internal and external translators.
- Serves as an internal consultant for issues around website design and content.
- Logs all media jobs in Access database to track project personnel, key dates, deliverables, client charges, URLs and other details.
- Tracks all vendor printed jobs and traffics proofs and final projects to Program Managers.
- Participates in research and development of new initiatives and products.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting services to Scholarship America staff and SMS program participants.
- Assist in the development and achievement of department’s strategic plans.
- Define and document application requirements to meet business needs and execute systems solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Provides input to system enhancement backlog based on customer requests and system capabilities.
- Communicate with clients regarding technology issues.
Additional Job Functions:
- Writes and updates SMS Style Guide which serves to standardize SMS creative and operational pieces.
- Writes and updates SMS department procedures for developing and producing media jobs.
- Trains broader team on identified skills.
- Designs and updates the Media Job Access form and database as needed.
- Develops, maintains and produces sample websites for SMS staff, Directors of Sales and client use.
- Serves as department resource for non-media-related writing/editing projects.
- Perform miscellaneous, special projects and ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Adhere to Scholarship America policies and procedures.
- Travel between Saint Peter and Minneapolis offices as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to successfully manage multiple complex projects with varying deadlines and time constraints.
- Ability to analyze and respond to client’s needs with accuracy, tact and professionalism.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Self-directed and motivated work ethic.
- Ability to work as an active and flexible team participant.
- A minimum of three years of web design experience required for an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities were acquired.
- Experience working with a content management system, Kentico preferred.
- Experience as a content management system admin highly preferred to include work in the areas of template creation, Google Analytics and workflow creation.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communications/writing skills.
- Competence in the following computer software programs: Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access. Knowledge of Access, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Basecamp or other task/project tracking software helpful.
- Superior ability to read and interpret written material including recognition of technical terms and jargon.
- Manage stress effectively.
- Project management, quality assurance, process improvement, and training experience.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding corporate and client information.
Requirements for All Scholarship America Positions:
- Adhere to Scholarship America policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and miscellaneous tasks as required.
- Appreciation for and commitment to Scholarship America’s stated Values:
- Accountable for behaviors and results that create impact.
- Responsive, serving all constituents with the highest quality standards.
- United, working together to create the best results for all.
- Relevant, always evolving processes, products and communications.
- Integrity. Operates in the most ethical manner, always with students at the heart of our work.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, effectively and cooperatively with other people; positive attitude.
- Strong command of the English language, with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work, including follow up and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate, listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
Open Until Filled
Complete the Online Application Form.