Sign up for email updates from Scholarship America
Scholarship America Dream Award: Application Criteria
Scholarship America’s Dream Award scholarships will be awarded to students selected from across the nation who are entering their second year or higher of education beyond high school. The scholarships will be renewable and growing in amount each year, allowing students to receive aid throughout their college career.
The Scholarship America Dream Award will open for applications again in October 2014. If you would like to apply, please read the criteria below to ensure your eligibility, and click the button below to be notified when applications open.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria as of the application deadline date:
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card), or individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA).
- Have received a high school diploma or the equivalent from a U.S. school by September 2014.
- Have completed or expect to successfully complete a minimum of one full year of postsecondary education by June 2015.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at the sophomore year level or higher at an accredited two or four year college, university or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire 2015-16 academic year.
- Be studying to obtain an associate’s or first bachelor’s degree.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Demonstrate financial need.
Applicants who meet the criteria will be able to apply for scholarships through the Dream Award. Scholarship awards are between $5,000 and $15,000 annually, growing by $1,000 each year until graduation. Financial need will be considered in determining award amounts.
If you have questions regarding the eligibility criteria or application process for the program, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 507-931-1682.
Dream Award Supporters
Scholarship America’s Dream Award received its initial funding thanks to the support of Katie Couric; since the program was created, more than 50 other supporters have also stepped forward to help establish this innovative new scholarship vision. We thank all of them and invite you to join the mission!
The Scholarship Coach
Scholarship America's blog, The Scholarship Coach, appears weekly at USNews.com, featuring expert advice on all kinds of scholarship issues. Here on the site, we feature a new highlight from the blog every week, and you can also download a free Scholarship Coach e-book!
Focus On The Finish Line
Scholarship America is dedicated to helping students get their degrees. Our 2013 Annual Report, Focus on the Finish Line, features statistics, stories, and student accounts of the importance of college completion.
Visit the online report to learn more and hear from our President, Lauren Segal.