Sign up for email updates from Scholarship America
Scholarship America Dream Award: Application Criteria
Scholarship America’s Dream Award scholarships will be awarded to students selected from across the nation who are entering their second year or higher of education beyond high school. The scholarships will be renewable and growing in amount each year, allowing students to receive aid throughout their college career.
The Scholarship America Dream Award application is currently closed; recipients will be selected and announced in Spring 2015.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria as of the application deadline date:
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card), or individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA).
- Have received a high school diploma or the equivalent from a U.S. school by September 2014.
- Have completed or expect to successfully complete a minimum of one full year of postsecondary education by June 2015.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at the sophomore year level or higher at an accredited two or four year college, university or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire 2015-16 academic year.
- Be studying to obtain an associate’s or first bachelor’s degree.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Demonstrate financial need.
Applicants who meet the criteria will be able to apply for scholarships through the Dream Award. Scholarship awards are between $5,000 and $15,000 annually, growing by $1,000 each year until graduation. Dream Award scholarships for 2015-16 will include general scholarships; STEM scholarships (for study in science, technology, engineering and math-related majors); and scholarships for Chinese-American students. Financial need will be considered in determining award amounts.
If you have questions regarding the eligibility criteria or application process for the program, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 507-931-1682.
Support The Dream Award
Scholarship America’s Dream Award received its initial funding thanks to the support of Katie Couric; since the program was created, hundreds of supporters have also stepped forward to help establish this innovative new scholarship vision. Now, we invite you to join the mission!
Success By Degrees
Scholarship America's blog, Success By Degrees, covers items of interest to parents, volunteers, educators and anyone interested in the big issues surrounding education, financial aid and postsecondary success. You'll find policy announcements, news releases and more, every week!
2014 Annual Report
In 2014, more than 125,000 students received over $236 million in scholarship support and assistance from Scholarship America – a record-breaking year for the nation's largest provider of private scholarships.
Visit our 2014 annual report to learn more about our successes, our students and our future.