Sign up for email updates from Scholarship America
About the Scholarship America Dream Award
Scholarship America’s Dream Award is a renewable scholarship fund targeted toward completion. Awards will be given to students selected from across the nation who will be entering their second year or higher of education beyond high school, based on the fact that too often scholarships are only offered in their freshman year. The scholarships will grow in amount each year, incenting the student to complete their education.
If you would like to apply for the Dream Award when applications open in Fall 2015, visit the Award Criteria page to confirm your eligibility and receive a notification email when applications are available.
"We need to make sure our scholarships see students through to graduation, instead of just supporting them their first year," says Scholarship America President & CEO Lauren Segal. "It is a real tragedy for students, parents, donors and institutions when students drop out before they can complete their degree."
If you have questions regarding the eligibility criteria or application process for the program, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 507-931-1682.
About Scholarship America’s Dream Award:
- Scholarship awards are between $5,000 and $15,000 each year, beginning in the second year and growing by $1,000 each year until graduation (up to a 5-year degree program).
- Both general scholarships and STEM-specific scholarships will be distributed each year. Students may choose either application track. (STEM applies to students in a science, technology, engineering or math related major or program.)
- Eligible students must be in at least their first year of a postsecondary degree or certificate program with a 3.0+ GPA, and must demonstrate financial need. In addition, community leadership and volunteerism, and overcoming barriers to school success will also be considered. (Visit the Criteria page for more details.)
- A portion of the dollars raised for this program will be distributed to local Dollars for Scholars affiliates and used as matching money to raise funds for a similar local scholarship program based on this exact scholarship model.
- The first Dream Awards were given out in Spring 2014 for the 2014-15 school year. A national selection committee made up of respected business and educational leaders teamed with Scholarship America's President & CEO, Lauren Segal, to select the recipients.
- The application period for 2015-16 awards will be open through December 15, 2014.
How you can help.
Fundraising to support Scholarship America’s Dream Award is underway, spurred by an initial donation of $350,000 from Katie Couric in 2011.
Make a difference for deserving students by donating to this scholarship program today!
Dream Award Supporters
Scholarship America’s Dream Award received its initial funding thanks to the support of Katie Couric; since the program was created, more than 50 other supporters have also stepped forward to help establish this innovative new scholarship vision. We thank all of them and invite you to join the mission!
The Scholarship Coach
Scholarship America's blog, The Scholarship Coach, appears weekly at USNews.com, featuring expert advice on all kinds of scholarship issues. Here on the site, we feature a new highlight from the blog every week, and you can also download a free Scholarship Coach e-book!
Focus On The Finish Line
Scholarship America is dedicated to helping students get their degrees. Our 2013 Annual Report, Focus on the Finish Line, features statistics, stories, and student accounts of the importance of college completion.
Visit the online report to learn more and hear from our President, Lauren Segal.